The purpose of Gateware is to create lightweight, multi-platform libraries that handle functionality common to video games. At the moment this includes keyboard and mouse input libraries and file logging libraries. The intent is for current and future students to be able to utilize these libraries to aid them in the creation of their final projects. The current deployments for the libraries are the Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
Friday, June 2, 2017
Integration and Testing CMake
The starting of moving CMake files and toolchains into the actual project proves to be as difficult as I knew it would. I think I might have to create two different CMake projects in the same directory. One directory would be for the creation of the libraries and the second project would be for the creation of the unit tests project. The unit test project will prove to be the most difficult to set up since it has a dependency on the first project being built so I might have CMake require the library directory to be full. On the other hand, setting up the first project is also proving to be a problem as the cache that is created is not able to find the compilers for visual studio which is really annoying. I've been digging through youtube videos and google to find my Holy Grail for a toolchain that has an output to dlls. Just like the Monty Python version of King Arthur, I found nothing but a french fortress which is an error on compile time. I think it might be just the compiler settings not be correct or the inability for the path to reach the compiler in visual studio. My goal for the following week is to fix the bug and hopefully finish the Windows build as I still have two other target platforms to code.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment