I've never gone too far into apple's development environment until now, and to be honest, I was very surprised to find a very organized and resourceful environment. It definitely had that apple feel of giving you as much as they can to help you, but this time, without abstracting the deeper layers of complexity that come with software, at least, not as much as they would like to.
I also had to dive pretty deep into the world of Objective-C, and was amazed. Once you get used to it, it's easy to see the reasoning behind their choices of syntax and functionality. I was also surprised at how simple it is to combine it with C++, although thinking in low-levels, it shouldn't be that complicated given that they both are, in their raw form, C.
All in all, I have found new respect for apple after going through this experience, and am sure I will appreciate them even more in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment