Continuing my travels, I had to scout out the mysterious evil called CMake and even though I found out the monster not to be such a fearsome beast, from afar, I am still being warned of its dangers; the way it works and requirements of the language it uses don't seem to be too foreign to my knowledge, although there seems to be more than meets my eyes when it comes to deeper understanding and workings of the compilation/build process.
On the iOS front, however, things have become simpler as research cleared the way. I ran into some issues with obtaining the proper path to the app directories but with some help I jumped that fence pretty quickly. After understanding the file system, there weren't too many problems when it came to testing and porting GFile methods in the separate test environment, only some small required changes for directory initialization and string handling together with a handful of preprocessor if statements and includes.
Now it's time for the trial by fire. Adding Unit tests to the library. I don't have much knowledge of how these test work but it shouldn't be too difficult, and deeper knowledge of the Gateware library itself is due. Onwards, to glory!... or at least the succesful test of GFile in iOS.
No comments:
Post a Comment