This first month is all about research, so I decided to start by getting DirectX out of the way first, since I am already pretty confident with my skills in that API. Since I have been working with DirectX for about 4 months now, I spent most of this time trying to simplify the process of initializing a basic graphics setup.
With that regard, the main challenge I faced was trying to figure out how to make my setup work with the existing GWindow class, seeing as it can get pretty complicated since it's already optimized for multi-platform. However, I soon realized that I literally only need to utilize 3 function calls from GWindow (in order to complete the initialization, event handling is another story). Currently I am still exploring GWindow to see exactly how the event handling is dealt with, and how I can incorporate similar techniques with my setup. I plan to have all of this sorted out before the end of this week, so I can begin my journey through OpenGL.
Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment