It's been a while since my last post, but I've spent most of my time doing some research on OpenGL and how to get it working. I was pretty nervous about how I was going to get it set up at first since I've never had to work with it before, but it turns out that it really isn't that bad.
One of the major problems I had trying to get it initialized was just figuring out how to properly include and link the required libraries. Honestly I'm glad that that was my main problem, because once I got that solved, setting up the actual code was a breeze. I was also very surprised to see what little code it takes to actually set up the OpenGL system compared to DirectX. I have a feeling that I'm going to be using OpenGL instead for quite some time.
As a status update, I've already tackled OpenGL on Windows and Linux and am currently working with Mac. My goal is to finalize at least the Windows & Linux versions so I can spend more time with Mac, because so far it has proven to be the most challenging.
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment