Friday, July 21, 2017

Vacation away from cmake, putting problems on hold

This weekend, I will be in Atlanta for DreamHack. During this time, I will be enjoying myself and forgetting the problems that wait for me to get back. This week, I've solved two major problems and now only have restructure and build processes left. The first problem was that the problem couldn't figure out what certain binary headers were being used. I had to link the cocoa framework to each library in order for each to run properly. This was done by going to the build settings for each product and adding link binaries to libraries (if this action is unavailable, there is a plus sign on the upper left part of the display below the build settings selection which would give you the option to add the option). The second is that CMake is not capable of adding frameworks to this option and that's what i've given up on as my research on this topic has lead me to believe that it's simply not possible. I'm linking this website for reference to the main point of this argument. (https://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14185

I don't think there is anymore I can do besides adding them manually so right now I will be pushing this up to the git and finish up on the structure that CMake builds this project. Afterwards, I will be done with CMake and move on to completing documentation on usage and layout of the CMake system that has been incorporated into the project. We'll see if the lead wants anything else or to devise a way to develop a way to add the option to the link libraries. I'm still looking for different ways to get around that second problem but I don't have any hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment